What is pregnancy?
The period of pregnancy is one of the distinct periods in the life of every mother, as a result of the great changes she undergoes, both physically and psychologically.
Pregnancy is carried out by a sperm out of millions of sperms that a man ejaculates into the mother’s womb, fertilizing the egg provided by the mother, which is inside one of the fallopian tubes, so that there is a fertilized egg, which moves to the inside of the womb to attach to its wall, in what is known scientifically In the name of implantation process.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy ?
The mother begins to feel some of the symptoms that appear on her since the beginning of pregnancy, where the first thing that the mother notices is the interruption of the menstrual cycle, which is one of the most prominent signs of pregnancy.
Other symptoms such as: Some blood drops appear in the form of bloody bleeding when the mother wipes the vagina, as a result of the implantation process, in addition to the mother’s sense of the need to enter the toilet frequently to urinate, as well as feeling nauseous and vomiting, especially in the early morning periods.
There are also many other symptoms, such as increased appetite towards some foods that the mother did not prefer, or decreased appetite for some meals that the mother preferred before pregnancy.
How can you confirm the health of pregnancy?
The emergence of the previous symptoms does not necessarily imply the presence of pregnancy, but these symptoms can appear – or some of them – without the presence of any fetus, and this is known as false pregnancy, which scientists describe as a psychological condition affecting the mother who wants to have children or marry, and these are Signs are usually sick signs that require consulting a doctor.
You can confirm the health of pregnancy in one of these three ways:
- Sonar examination: It is performed in the doctor’s office, and delays in detecting the fetus, due to the apparent failure of the fetus.
- Home examination: It is an inexpensive test, available in pharmacies a lot, and it can be done easily, and gives a quick result.
- The test using blood analysis: It is a test that measures the percentage of pregnancy hormone in the blood, and it is performed in a doctor’s office, and it is very expensive compared to other tests, and it is considered the most accurate other test.
What are vitamins?
Vitamins are defined by a group of organic substances that are present in simple quantities in natural nutrients and are necessary for normal metabolism processes, where the functions of vitamins are multiple in their various types and the quantity that the body needs varies in each type, and there are some types of vitamins that the mother must take during pregnancy and after giving birth.
As the pregnancy consumes a lot of vitamins and minerals that the mother’s body stores, and the mother also provides during the birth and breastfeeding large amounts of vitamins stored in her body to her child, because it is of great importance in its growth and maintaining its health, so the mother must compensate for the lost vitamins from While taking it in tablet form or taking its sources.
Essential vitamins during pregnancy
The vitamins necessary for a woman during her pregnancy that prevent anemia and malformations in the neural tube in the fetus are thus: folic acid, iron, calcium, zinc, copper, vitamins E, A, C and D
Essential vitamins after childbirth
As for the vitamins that a woman must take after giving birth, they are as follows:
- Folic acid: It helps get rid of depression that may affect a woman after childbirth.
- Vitamin A: contributes to maintaining the integrity of the hair and skin of women.
- Vitamin C: contributes to strengthening the immune system, protecting against diseases and helping women to recover faster.
- Vitamin D: contributes to the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin E: It is an anti-oxidant that is able to quickly fix imbalances in cells, and contributes to removing pollutants and toxins from the body.
The most important sources of vitamins that a mother must rely on in the diet
This table shows the sources of most of the vitamins necessary for women
Fish, eggs, are obtained through sun exposure
Dairy products, fortified fats, sweet potatoes, turnip, dark green vegetables, carrots
Pepper, tomato, orange, strawberry, kiwi